Click below to download the latest version of the software. You can use WindRose freely, if you analyze data that do not exceed 1-month. To analyze larger sets of data (>1-month) you must purchase a license.
1. When opening WindRose.xls(m)file, Excel displays a security warning, asking whether or not to enable WindRose's macros. The software will run in both cases, but functionality is reduced with macros disabled. If you want to avoid these warnings, check the following links, depending your Excel version: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013.
2. MS-Office 64bit users: WindRose runs OK in both 32bit & 64bit versions of Windows. However, it fails to install in the 64bit versions of MS-Office (because of this Microsoft bug) and a workaround is currently investigated. Note also, that Microsoft recommends the 32bit Office version for most users and this version is installed by default, even on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
v4.23-6.21 May 11, 2016
- Wind data analysis:
- Export ASCII data file includes wind shear, if 2+ anemometers are used.
- Improved the quick LOG summary after a run.
- Corrects a bug in the LOG file where 'TI' was displayed instead of 'Usdv'.
- Added the expected WT production per month ('TempData' sheet).
- Handles better the warnings/errors for 3 identical wind directions in successive time steps.
- Corrects a bug occurring when GenChecks are disabled and a DIRoffset is set.
v4.20-6.14 Sep. 19, 2014
- Minor update release:
- Fixed code registration in 64bit Windows.
- Fixed the English/Greek language toggle change in Excel 2010/2013.
- Improved detection of wrong decimal separators in the 'Advanced Options' ('Input' sheet).
v4.19-6.12 Mar. 18, 2014
- Wind data analysis:
- New Turbulence Intensity vs Wind Shear graphs ('Shear' sheet) during daytime and night, for the 2 best dir. sectors.
- New detailed Wind Shear variation polar graph ('Shear' sheet) .
- Now only 4 columns (U, Dir., Time, Date) are the minimum required for the program to run (Usdv is now optional e.g.: reanalysis satellite data).
- Improved detection of wrong decimal separators in 'Input' sheet.
- Corrected an error occuring when General Checks were disabled (Advanced Options), but some were indeed performed (Umax-Umin/σU).
- New graphs ('WindCorr' sheet) showing comparisons of the wind speed distributions and wind roses, for the Reference and Target sites.
- Now, when correlating with averaging enabled (hours, days, etc), min.50% completeness is required (ie: three 10min data for 1h averaging).
v4.15-6.08 Mar. 12, 2013
- Wind data analysis:
- Added a new table in the 'Input' sheet in order to exclude specific time-periods.
- Added a new 'Advanced Option' for de-trending turbulence intensities.
- Modified the format of Start and Stop dates (Input sheet) to accept hours, minutes, seconds for accurate data availability calculations.
- Improved the warnings/errors overview after running the program.
- Corrected the time-step of the predicted series when correlating time-series with different time-steps (ie: 10min and 1h).
- Supports MS-Office 2013
v4.12-6.07 Nov. 22, 2012
- Wind data analysis: Added several new 'Advanced Options' :
- possibility to distinguish an absolute calm from a "frozen" anemometer when temperature is also recorded
- possibility to reject data depending on the ratio (Umax-Umin)/Usdv for each anemometer
- if σDIR is measured, its polar variation is plotted and its per height variation is examined in order to detect errors, when several vanes are present.
- if time-series contain turbulence intensities (instead of Usdv), then when assigning the Usdv column number (Input Sheet) "ti" should be added right after (i.e.: 12ti).
- Several new graphs are created (i.e.: wind speed and direction raw data per each dir. sector, wind speed distributions and wind roses both for initial and overlapped periods).
- Now, the uncertainty of the correlation/prediction is calculated based on the standard error of the regression (for each wind speed bin and dir.sector).
- Several minor improvements and bug fixes (e.g.: imports correctly from old WindRose sheets, etc)
- A new Sheet TScheck is created automatically with several graphs providing information about the time-series quality.
- Easy location of periods with high/low correlations, thanks to a new plot displaying the daily correlation results (WindCorr sheet).
- Added characteristic and representative turbulence intensities calculation (Tables sheet).
- Now, the 'Advanced Options' menu is part of the Input sheet (as a separate table).
- Added the time percentage a WT needs to produce 50% (or other) of its total energy (Results sheet).
- Several minor improvements and bug fixes.